Wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather. We will be outdoors. Bring a sack lunch.
In addition to your sketching materials, the following are suggested painting supplies. Note: Please do not buy new supplies if you have similar.
- Portable easel with palette attached, or with TV tray to set palette on
- 2 canvases or canvas panels (For this workshop, Joan suggests small panels, 8×10, or 9×12, good quality canvas or linen panel)
- Palette to mix paints on (if disposable, tape it to a support)
- Brushes – a few well-shaped flats (Joan uses Rosemary Ivory #2, 4, 6, 8)
- Odorless solvent (Joan uses Gamsol)
- Medium (optional) and small open container for medium (Joan uses Liquin or solvent-free gel or Galkyd Lite)
- Paper towels (Joan uses Viva)
- Each primary color (ultramarine blue, cadmium red light, cadmium yellow medium, common brands, artist quality)
- Titanium white, soft
- Optional basic colors (cerulean or turquoise blue, cadmium red deep, cadmium yellow pale, transparent iron oxide)
- Optional specialty colors (Joan uses Gamblin warm white, Gamblin naples yellow, yellow ochre, and pale pink/”flesh” and a transparent olive-green)
- Mixing knife / palette knife
- Apron or paint shirt and painting gloves if you use either.
- Small trash bags. Recycled grocery bags are good.
- Optional for your comfort: shade umbrella, broad-brimmed hat, sunscreen, repellent, water, stool or chair if standing is difficult
- Carrier or open box for your finished wet painting
- Optional: Frame for end-of day show-and-tell
I look forward to painting with you!
Joan Vienot, Instructor (850) 259-8394
[contact-form-7 id=”6465″ title=”Contact”]